We are an amateur football club, founded in 1948 and affiliated to the Lancashire FA.
We have four open age teams playing football on Saturday afternoons in the Cheshire Football League and in the Wigan and District Football League. We also run a Sunday team which is a Veterans team (over 35) who play in the Cheshire League over 35 Veterans Football League and in addition Sunday under 21 Cheshire League.
The Club is renowned for it’s excellent facilities which include two superb home pitches at the Sports Club grounds in Culcheth that are maintained by a full time groundsman. The changing rooms are carpeted and centrally heated. Showers are also provided.
Team and League details together with the Team Managers are as follows:
The Cheshire Association Football League:
- DATEN FC – Division One – Manager, Paul Anderson (Tel. Mobile 07979 865388)
- DATEN FC Reserves – Reserve Division
Wigan and District Football League:
- Daten 3rds – Division Two Wigan League – Manager, Oliver Nightingale on (Tel. Mobile 07729 493363)
- Daten 4ths – Division Three Wigan League – Manager, Dave Hall (Tel. Mobile 07707 317163)
Cheshire League Over 35 Veterans Football League:
- DATEN FC Veterans – Manager, Paul Kellett (Tel. 01942 525881 Mobile 07956 536777)
- Cheshire League Under 21 Manager – Craig Stephenson – (Tel: 07972 170466)
The season kicks off from mid-August and goes through into May of the following year. Pre-season training sessions are held from 7pm to 9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Culcheth Sports Club and begin on the last Tuesday in June. During the season, training sessions are also held on Tuesday and Thursday, from 7pm to 9pm at Culcheth Sports Club with one hour spent on an all-weather pitch on each evening.
The Football Club is active on the fundraising front in order to keep down the costs for the players, but inevitably for a completely self-funding amateur club there are some fees to pay to cover the Club’s own running costs and to make a direct contribution to grounds maintenance. In common with the other Culcheth Sports Club Sections, all players must be CSC Members, but this presents no problems and can be arranged readily via the Football Club’s Officials and Team Managers. The Football Section’s own fees are:
Seasonal Fees (in addition to CSC Membership Fee):
- Signing On Fee of £15-00
- Blue Fin Players insurance included in the players signing on fee. There is a compulsory insurance requirement for players in the Cheshire and Wigan League.
- Under 18’s and full time students £2.00 per game.
- Running Cost Fees. There is a standing order of £20.00 per calendar month payable in order to cover operational costs.
New players are always welcome to what is a friendly and sociable club. All our teams have been successful to date and the football in all our teams is to a good standard, although since we have several teams there are opportunities for players of all abilities.
If you are interested in joining us come and see for yourself. You are welcome to watch the matches at Culcheth Sports Club on any Saturday or Sunday and can then introduce yourself to any of the Team Managers who can also be contacted on the phone numbers given above, or the Club Officials listed below:
Section Chairman, Stuart Nightingale – (Tel. 01925 763884 Mobile 07742 171785).
Vice Chairman, Gareth Pashley – (Mobile 07929 059282)
Secretary, David Hall – (Mobile 07710 236551) (Email email@example.com)
Treasurer, Emma Wordsworth – (Mobile 07917 475071) (Email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Daten F.C 1948-2018 Celebrated their 70th Anniversary in style winning the Cheshire County division 1 title.
Juniors won the the Bolton&Bury u/14 League and the Bolton&Buryu13 chairmans cup
These and other team/players achievements were celebrated at the recent presentation at Culcheth Sports Club. Click Here to see some photos.